Last Updated: May 11, 2020
2. Information We Collect
We collect various types of information from you, including information you voluntarily provide us and the information we get from your use of our Services.
Site Visitors, ixLayer Clients, and Product End Users: In order to access certain portions of the Site, order Products, or even use some Products you may be required to first register with us. You may be asked to provide your contact information, like your name, institution/company, address, phone number, email, and username.
If you contact us directly, we may receive additional information about you. For example, when you use our “Contact us” form on our Site, we will collect your name, email, company name, and the contents of your message.
We may receive information about the device and software you use to access our Services, including internet protocol (IP) address, web browser type, operating system version, phone carrier and manufacturer, application installations, device identifiers, mobile advertising identifiers, and push notification tokens.
To help us understand how you use our Services and to help us improve them, we automatically receive information about your interactions with our Services, like the applications you use, the pages or other content you view, and the dates and times of your visits.
If you choose to link our Services to a third-party account, such as social media or an online forum, we may receive information about you, including your profile information and your photo, and your use of the third-party account. If you wish to limit the information available to us, you should visit the privacy settings of your third-party accounts to learn about your options. You may also choose to submit information to us via other methods, including: (i) in response to marketing or other communications, (ii) through participation in an offer, program or promotion, (iii) in connection with an actual or potential business relationship with us, or (iv) by giving us your business card or contact details at trade shows or other events.
The information that we collect will include:
– Payment information (such as credit or debit card number, or bank account information).
– Self-Reported Information including demographic data such as personal and family medical history, age, physical features such as eye color, behavioral information such as exercise habits, or self-declared ethnicity.
– Genetic information: This information may include whole or partial genomic information, lab results, interpretations, and similar information, along with conclusions and inferences that may be drawn from your genetic information. Genetic information may be used to reveal information that is deemed sensitive under applicable law, such as information related to racial or ethnic origin and health.
3. Data Retention
We retain personal information and the personal data we process on behalf of our customers for as long as needed to provide the Services. We will retain and use this personal information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements with customers, and/or the period required by laws in applicable jurisdictions.
4. Updating, Correcting and Deleting Your Information
If you believe that ixLayer has incorrect information that was provided as part of the Services, you may use the Services to correct, amend, or delete that information. You may also contact us by e-mailing our customer support at email@example.com. Alternatively, you may send a letter with your requested changes, corrections, or deletions to the following address:
1161 Mission Street
San Francisco, CA 94103
The security of your personal information is important to us. ixLayer employs procedural and technological measures to protect your personally identifiable information. These measures are reasonably designed to help protect your personally identifiable information from loss, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction. We may use software, secure socket layer technology (SSL) encryption, password protection, firewalls, internal restrictions and other security measures to help prevent unauthorized access to your personally identifiable information. However, ixLayer cannot guarantee that unauthorized third parties will never be able to defeat these measures or use your personally identifiable information for improper purposes. Therefore, you should be aware that when you voluntarily display or distribute personally identifiable information, that information could be collected and used by others. ixLayer is not responsible for the unauthorized use by third parties of information you post or otherwise make available publicly
6. How Your Information is Collected
7. How We Use the Information We Collect
We may use the information collected:
– To provide, maintain, improve, and enhance the Services, including any applications, products, services, and software available through them;
– To improve the customer experience;
– For marketing purposes, such as developing and providing promotional and advertising materials that may be useful, relevant, valuable or otherwise of interest to you;
– To store your interests and preferences in order to customize your use of the Site or Products;
– To communicate with you (such as for product support and billing issues), provide you with updates and other information relating to our Services, provide information that you request, respond to comments and questions, and otherwise provide customer support;
– To facilitate the connection of third party services or applications, such as social networks;
– To personalize your experience on our Services such as presenting tailored content;
– To authenticate users;
– To compile and analyze trends on how you use our Services and develop new products, services, features, and functionality, including by creating and using de-identified data and statistical, aggregate data;
– To carry out transactions in connection with you;
– To aggregate the collected information with information from other customers and users of the Services for analysis such as to determine user and performance trends. Generally, any such aggregation will involve de-identified or anonymous data;
– To find and prevent fraud, and respond to trust and safety issues that may arise;
– For compliance purposes, including enforcing our TOS or other legal rights, or as may be required by applicable laws and regulations or requested by any judicial process or governmental agency; and
– For other purposes for which we provide specific notice at the time the information is collected.
8. Google AdWords Remarketing
We use Google AdWords Remarketing to advertise across the Internet. AdWords Remarketing will display relevant ads tailored to you based on what parts of our sites you have viewed by placing a cookie on your machine. This cookie does not identify you. As an example, it could mean that we advertise to previous visitors who haven’t completed a task on our site such as an incomplete contact form.
If you do not wish to participate in our Google AdWords Remarketing, you can opt-out by visiting Google’s Ads Preferences Manager.
9. Sharing of Personal Information
As a general rule, we do not provide, sell, or lease your personal information to any third parties for their marketing use without your express consent. However, you acknowledge that your personal information may be provided to third parties in connection with your use of their websites, applications, software, or products. We may also share your personal information with contractors, service providers, affiliates, and other third parties we use to support our business, including without limitation, hosting providers and payment processors. We may also disclose your personal information to third parties: (i) in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal information to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets; (ii) if we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal information will be one of the transferred assets. We may also disclose your information with your permission or as may be required by law.
10. Your Choices
You can unsubscribe from our promotional emails via the link provided in the emails. Even if you opt-out of receiving promotional messages from us, you will continue to receive administrative messages from us. There is no accepted standard on how to respond to Do Not Track signals, and we do not respond to such signals. If you choose not to provide us with the information we collect, some of the features of our Service may not work as intended.
11. Collection of Personal Information
You may update and correct your personal information at any time. Upon request, we will make reasonable efforts to provide you with a summary of your personal information collected by us.
12. Contacting You
13. Release of Information
ixLayer is not acting as or on behalf of a health plan, health care provider, or health care clearinghouse as defined in the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 and its related regulations set forth in Parts 160, 162, and 164 of Title 45 of the Code of Federal Regulations (collectively, “HIPAA”) as the operator of the Site.
15. Customer’s and Authorized Users
Customers of ixLayer’s products and services may use the sections of Site reserved for customer use that require a login solely as their respective agreements permit. Other authorized users may use them solely as and to the extent they have been authorized to do so. We request information from customers and other authorized users to authenticate them and verify their authorized use of the products, services, and other resources that ixLayer provides.
16. Links, Third-Party Applications and Software
17. Retention of Collected Information
19. Security of Collected Information
20. Children’s Privacy
21. International Visitors
Our Services are hosted in the United States and intended for visitors located within the United States. If you choose to use the Services from the European Union or other regions of the world with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, then please note that you are transferring your personal information outside of those regions to the United States for storage and processing. Also, we may transfer your data from the U.S. to other countries or regions in connection with storage and processing of data, fulfilling your requests, and operating the Services. By providing any information, including personal information, on or to the Services, you consent to such transfer, storage, and processing.
22. Supplemental Privacy Notice to California Residents
California residents who provide personal information in obtaining products or services for personal, family, or household use (“Consumers”) are entitled to request and obtain from us once per calendar year information about the Consumer information that we shared, if any, with other businesses for such businesses’ own direct marketing use. If applicable, this information would include the categories of Consumer information and the names and addresses of those businesses with which we shared Consumer information for the immediately prior calendar year (e.g., requests made in 2019 will receive information regarding 2018 sharing activities). You may also be entitled to receive requested information in a readily-usable format if provided electronically; request that we delete any personal information about you that we have collected (although we may be entitled to retain some information for certain purposes such as to comply with other regulatory requirements); opt-out of “sales” of personal information to third parties, if applicable; and freely exercise your rights without discrimination.
We cannot respond to your request to access or delete information unless we are able to both verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you and/or your household. We will only use the information you provide in your request for the purpose of verifying your identity or authority to make the request. You can also designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf. Your agent will need to provide a Power of Attorney authorizing the agent to act on your behalf, or will need to complete the same verification procedures that would be required for a request submitted by you directly, and provide information that allows us to verify your authorization.
If you or your authorized agent would like to exercise your rights, please contact ixLayer using the contact information provided below. Please note in some circumstances we may not honor your request, as permitted under the law.
23. Contact Us